Saturday, July 31, 2010

Reflection

I feel so much more informed after completing this online training! My favorite tools are: blogs, image generators and mashups, google tools, skype, wikis and the bookmarking sites. I would really like for my students to each complete a blog that displays their learning over the course of the year. It would be really powerful for them to see their progress and to be able to share it with others. I also plan on using google docs to have my students complete joint reports in science after a science lab. In addition, I am really excited about the prospect of working with other classrooms on a project using skype. This training really allowed me to see that I need to use technology seamlessly within the classroom. This training has made be look at the upcoming year very differently because I really want to use these tools within my classroom and become very comfortable with them. This has also made be realize that I need to be more proactive in learning about the new types of technology out there. The only thing that surprised me from this training was the incredibly amount of new technology that is being used by the digital community. I was amazed at all of the new ideas that I was introduced to.

No comments:

Post a Comment