Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tool #10

The ipad, itouch software from mac has a lot of cool free apps than can be used by teachers in the classroom. For students, they can use the camera, photoshop and video apps. The planetarium app is really cool for charting the moon phases. Mobile google docs would be very useful is they had to work on a project outside of the lab. I like the measurement tools for math and science assignments. The nasa and planets apps could be very useful in science.
I don't have one of these devices but I have played around with ones from friends and colleagues. They are really good for professional uses to keep a person organized. I love the note taking and time keeping applications. In class, students can use these application while working on projects in the lab or out of the classroom. The mobile feature is a great way to leave the pencil and paper behind. I could see my students using the photo and video apps to add to their Photostory, blogs, or wiki pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment