Friday, July 30, 2010

Tool #5

I was really excited to learn about the social bookmarking sites Diigo and Delicious. It makes so much sense to have all of your bookmarks in one location that can be easily accessed. I prefer Diigo because of all of the cool features such as capture and the highlight and the sticky note tool. I would love to use those tools within a LA lesson like a Steph Harvey lesson where the students could mark up their articles without even having to print them out!

I added http://pbworks.com/content/edu-classroom-teachers (the free classroom online workspace) and http://toonlet.com/ (the free cartoon creation site) to my Diigo library becuase they are both sites that I thought would be cool to explore and use. Some of the tags that I used where kid sites, sbisd sites, video and math. I'm still adding tags as I go along.

Social networking is great for the classroom. Students can use the bookmarking tools to share websites used for group projects. Instead of recording info down that is needed for research they can just highlight and return for it later. Its a great way to speed up the process of acquiring and using info from the web. Its also a great way to reduce the use of paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment