Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tool #9

Jing, Skype and Screencast are going to be really fun tools to use in the classroom. I already have used skype to communicate with my family in other states. It is really great because my daughter gets to see her grandparents 100's of miles away! For the classroom, I like the idea of interviewing authors or community leaders. I like the idea of collaborating with a class from another country using skype and then using google docs to work together on it. I thought it was also cool to go on a "field trip using skype" Jing and screencast can be used in many ways as well. Jing can be useful when creating a project and needing images that can be uploaded directly to your applications. Screencast can be very useful for classroom demonstrations especially if they need to be revisited. I can see students using screencast to display their learning of a particular subject or technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment